List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: icons
From:       Torsten Rahn <rahn () astrophysik ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       1999-09-18 15:32:48

> > > My $KDEDIR/share/icons directory looks now like:
> > > large/
> > > locolor/
> > > mini/
> > >
> > > While the locolor directory has amazing 235 entries.
>
> Looks good but no app uses locolor/ at the moment...
>
> I made the mimetypes refer to e.g. folder.png instead of
> folder.xpm (which doesn't exist anymore), but there is no
> folder.png in "icon". Should we add locolor/ to the standard
> dirs for "icon" in KStdDirs, to fix this (for now) ?

I think it should work this way:

0. If the size is 'mini' search in $KDEICONS/mini

1. If the color-depth is 'high' and the iconsize is 'large' search for
the icon in $KDEICONS/large.

2. If the 'large' icon doesn't exist or if the iconsize is 'normal' and
the
color-depth is 'high' search for an icon in $KDEICONS/hicolor

3. If things sofar have failed or if the iconsize is 'normal' and the
color-depth is 'low' search in $KDEICONS/locolor (at least there should
be an icon!!!!)

Torsten