List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: icons
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-09-16 20:32:28

On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 06:31:40PM +0200, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > The convertion to lo-appname.png icons is now almost
> > finished. I also copied the large- icons to the HEAD
>
> great!
>
> > branch. What is missing now are the hi color icons.
> > The problem is that I can't say (without looking at
> > each other) which one is hicolor and which is not.
>
> consider those which are in KDE 1.1.2 in the default-
> tree to be hicolor-icons (some aren't but that doesn't
> matter right now. We'll change that ASAP).
> consider those which are new to be hicolor-icons as
> well until someone confirmed that they are locolors.
>
> > So I would like to delay that move, but if someone
> > has a list, feel free to mail it to me :)
>
> Nope, no list.
>
> > My $KDEDIR/share/icons directory looks now like:
> > large/
> > locolor/
> > mini/
> >
> > While the locolor directory has amazing 235 entries.

Looks good but no app uses locolor/ at the moment...

I made the mimetypes refer to e.g. folder.png instead of
folder.xpm (which doesn't exist anymore), but there is no
folder.png in "icon". Should we add locolor/ to the standard
dirs for "icon" in KStdDirs, to fix this (for now) ?

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org