List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KStdAccel for completion
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       1999-08-24 8:58:26

On Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 01:00:51AM +0200, Harri Porten wrote:

Hi,

I'm afraid I haven't answered this yet %-/

> > uh, I think the Trolls set Ctrl-A to "beginning of line" (and
> > appropriately Ctrl-E to "end of line" in all text-based widgets.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out.
>
> Will every shortcut define in QLineEdit stop us from using it ourselves
> ? Ctrl-F is for example used to move the cursor forward while we define
> it as an accelerator for find.

I guess it depends on focus. If some Qt widget uses Ctrl-F for for "cursor
forward", it will get the keyevent first and most probably accept it.

It would be nice to have a way to redefine all of Qt's accelerators, but
I'm afraid this is not feasible without subclassing all affected widgets.
E.g. this is in qlineedit.cc:
  The default key bindings are described in keyPressEvent(); they cannot
  be customized except by inheriting the class.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/