List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KStdAccel for completion
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-08-07 16:33:06

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Richard Moore wrote:
> >
> > Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > >
> > > On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 05:03:21PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > I still want it to be tab, it is tab in everything else. This has been
> > argued to death several times without archeiving a consensus.
> >
> And it has been argued several times that in GUI tab is for changing the
> focus as well.

It has also been argued that it is not used consistently for this in
any case. Witness the effect of pressing tab in multilineedits etc. In
this case things use Shift-Tab and I don't see why we couldn't do that
here too.

Examples: xemacs, bash, readline, ncftp, even the NT command line!

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.robocast.com/	richard@robocast.com