List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kfileinfo in kfile lib vs. kfileitem in konq lib
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-08-18 7:42:06

pbrown@redhat.com wrote:

> Why is there so much duplication between the kfile and konq libraries?
> Doesn't it seem like we should collapse the two into one?  One example is
> the KFileInfo that is in the kfile library.  While it's API is different,
> it is very similar to the KFileItem that is in libkonq.
>
> It seems that much of what is available only in kdebase/libkonq should
> maybe move into kdelibs?

KFileInfo is really an internal class of the file dialog. It's just a
container
that is passed from the engine (KDir) to the view (KFileInfoContents). I
see
no real reason to change this.
And still: kfile and kio have two completly different goals. But if kio
would
be fast enough, some code in kfile could be removed with equivalent kio
calls.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Better give your hours some more life than
your life some more hours. - anonymous