List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice development
From:       Matthias Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () dalheimer ! de>
Date:       1999-08-02 20:10:09

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
> Another thing is KDiagramm. This doesn't work well at all (too much hacks here
> and there). Torben started writing a cool 3D digramm engine. So if somebody is
> interested in makeing a user interface for that and keeping working on (a
> new) KDiagramm, he/she should probably contact Torben (weis@kde.org) to get the
> code + instructions. Then we could replace the current KDiagramm with that one.

Actually, what Torben didn't like wasn't the old diagram engine, but
rather its interface, so we put together my (more flexible and
extensible) engine and his interface.

Both Werner Trobin and I have some (not-quite-working) additional code
for cool charts on our hard disks, so if you start working on anything
in KDiagramm, please contact me so that I can explain what is there and
what isn't :-)

I'll hope that I can finally contribute something again after I have
moved. This emigration is a more major drain on my time than I had
expected (the number of forms to fill in so far has grown to 56...)

Kalle

--
Kalle Dalheimer     Contract programming for Unix
kalle@dalheimer.de  Technical writing

Lukashenko and the Pope - the last remaining dictators in Europe.