List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KTreeList
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-07-11 17:02:34

Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna@total.net> wrote:

> What I think it's a very important thing here is *detailed*, I stress
> *very detailed* information on how to convert KDE-1.X apps to KDE-2.X.
> KDE2PORTING is a start, but I can give the counter-example of how DnD
> matters are described in that document.

Well, I've did most of the Dnd porting up to now and the HINTS in
KDE2PORTING are imho very detailed information on how to deal with the
porting. What's missing in your opinon? Can't find a wrong information
in there. (hence, I'm searching for the counter-example :) ).

> heh :-) if we weren't a team volutary coders, our (presumable) boss
> would have had to declare a moratory period where only bugs be fixed
> or bug reports dealt with (look at how many bugs are in the
> bugs.kde.org)

that's right, especially how many OLD bugs are in there. :-(

btw, I didn't get a statistical report here for quite a while. Is this
broken or what ?

> I think puting it in kdenonbeta would be better.

why? they have the old code in KDE 1.x...

In point of KTreeList: It was broken anyway. That's why I've started
looking into it.

--
Dirk A. Mueller