List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KTreeList
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       1999-07-11 18:14:49

Am Sat, 10 Jul 1999 schrieb Dirk A. Mueller:
> Hi,
>
> any objections against removing kdelibs/kdeui/KTreeList ?

Not if you move it over into some kde-compat lib.

> QListView is more powerful and looks nicer, anyway. Although the API's
> are not really the same, it's quite easy to port existing apps to the
> new api. I did it for the OpenWithDlg this evening and it took only an
> hour including figuring out where the differences are.
>
> Anyway, only very few apps use it at the moment (kppp, krn, some
> koffice).
>
> KTreeList is really quite big and could be replaced so easily...
> I even volunteer fixing the other apps. Comments please.

I don't think that you know all "other" apps. There might be apps that
are not even in CVS or FTP.

I strongly vote for having a lib in kdesupport package that contains all
the old stuff. Or even put it into kdenonbeta. But put it somewhere, so
that programmers who need these classes can fetch them after
removal.

--Stefan