List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.89
From:       Kurt Granroth <p28901 () epidigm ! sat ! mot ! com>
Date:       1999-07-07 13:59:50

Dirk A. Mueller wrote:
> >> * kcursor (QCursor)
>
> This looks highly obsolete to me, as theme support is in Qt now (or am
> I wrong?)

It's the latter :-)

The Qt theme support still doesn't address cursor themeability.  When I put
KCursor in the libs, it was with the intention of having a themeable cursor.
Unfortunately, my ideas at the time didn't make much sense, so this class
doesn't (and won't) do too much..

HOWEVER, it does *one* very important thing and that is supply a
"windows-style" hand cursor.  Qt only supplies the "Unix" hand cursor (which
many of us think is butt-ugly).  Until there is a way to theme all of the
cursors, we need to keep KCursor if only for the hand...

--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth