List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    multi-head
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-07-01 3:59:40

Hi

I promised a time ago to take care of multi-head development issues in
KDE. I was granted the required hardware.

My first question now is: do you see other candidates to multi-head
support in the main KDE packages besides the apps listed below?

kwm, kdesktop, konqueror, kpanel, kpager, kikbd, klock and all
kscreensavers

The other question is: given that Qt will not provide multi-head support
in the next foreseeble future, given that the number of apps susceptible
for multi-head requirements is limited, is it optimal to include multihead
support in kdecore (kapplication, kconfig)?

Now secondary issues.

Is it of any use to consider per-screen locale support?

How kpanel content should be managed on a multi-head system? A single
instance simultaneously displayed on all the screens? A different (icon
layout) configuration on each screen (I'd find this confusing)?

Thanks

Cristian Tibirna     : ctibirna@total.net     : www.total.net/~ctibirna
PhD Student          : ctibirna@gch.ulaval.ca : web.gch.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna
KDE contact - Canada :  tibirna@kde.org       : www.kde.org