List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Formal complaint concerning the use of the name "System Settings"
From:       marcel partap <mpartap () gmx ! net>
Date:       2011-07-25 8:30:22

> > Where's the problem? Have the release tarballs already and irrevocably been
> > forged and fed into some unstoppable mechanism?
> Per the KDE Release Schedule, we are frozen for everything except
> build compilation failures, as the KDE 4.7.0 release process is
> underway.
So what is the better option here, violate rules to prevent any users
from 'suffering' - or for no meaningful reason (besides 'discipline')
strictly adhering to that self-imposed code of conduct and finding ways
to cope with the implications that might have?
Have you asked 4.7 release manager about it? It would come as a big
surprise if anyone would be going to file an official complaint for
breaching the freeze for this very valid reason.

> > I really doubt anyone is going to 'suffer'...
> They will.
Will not, because the KDE team will act with common sense, of course.