List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Formal complaint concerning the use of the name "System Settings"
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-07-25 8:30:03

On Monday 25 July 2011 07.49.17 Scott Kitterman wrote:
> I haven't seen anything in any mailing list posts that is nearly as
> aggressive  as knowningly reusing a name that was in use like
> systemsettings.

Please don't assume that was an agressive act.

I can totally see that someone that goes with the assumption that a piece of
software is only usable on one desktop won't have problems if you call a
similar piece of software the same on your desktop.

In general; please stop assuming ;)  (ask politely first)
--
Thomas Zander