List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Replacement for Qt's Undo Framework
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-04-26 7:03:22

On Monday, April 25, 2011 22:12:55 Alexander Potashev wrote:
> What do you think about inclusion of KUndo*2 into kdelibs?

we really don't want more duplication of code and effort between Qt and
kdelibs, and we certainly don't want forks of Qt code in kdelibs.

please work on having this fixed in Qt itself, which is the correct/best place
for this effort. it would be good to have this improved, and it's great that
you're willing to work on it :)

in the code you've written, i see in the #includes KLocale as well as some
"kis_" files. i didn't see any actual use of KLocale, however? is there any
actual use of kdelibs in your work (hopefully not, as that would make a Qt
target easier), are there any binary incompatible changes (again, hopefully
not... :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se