List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Installed sounds (no, really)
From:       Sebastian =?utf-8?q?K=C3=BCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-28 16:13:16

On Tuesday 28 August 2007 16:51:17 Jaison Lee wrote:
> > personaly I would just prefer to make 2 themes, Oxygen and Classic, and
> > not mix them toguether, oxygen IMO is a coerent sound theme, that should
> > not be mixed with olders sounds...
>
> OMG you need to Iet it go. Instead of removing everything non-Oxygen
> you are now suggesting that should it come down to it we should ship
> two virtually identical sounds just so that one or two precious Oxygen
> sounds are not subjected to the vile ear of a user who enjoys the
> classic tones. And here I thought I was being all compromising by
> taking the time to prune things out to make you feel better. I
> honestly don't even know how to communicate with you. Luckily, the
> likelihood of duplication was always fairly small, so you probably
> don't need to worry about the dulcet lilting tones of Oxygen being
> blendered into All Else That Sucks.

What is your issue here? Jaison is working on cleanup up the current sound
theme, which apparently has a lot of duplication. Nuno and the other artists
want a coherent Oxygen sound theme (which will probably be the default
setting for KDE 4). Thiago wants small tarballs.

I understand that Nuno has committed the sound theme (or is preparing that).

So there should be two sound themes: Oxygen (which is new) and Classic (a
cleaned up version of the current theme). Oxygen will be default, Classic an
option. All files are in .ogg. Gary writes a sound theme selection panel.

From what I understand, that should make everybody happy. :-)
--
sebas