List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Installed sounds (no, really)
From:       "Jaison Lee" <lee.jaison () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-28 16:21:16

> Are the artists just mere interesting figures that kinda are in kde, or are
> they intitled to have a strong word on this kinda of subjects? Im my personal
> opinion this is a art/marketing decision.
> What do you think? Hell what does everybody think about this im geting tired
> of feeling deep untrust toards the Oxygen artist.

The thing that is driving me nuts is your complete unwillingness to
budge from the idea that Oxygen is sacrosanct. I understand Oxygen
will be very good for the KDE project. It *should* be the default and
we should advertise it heavily. The work that has been done is very
impressive in both its quality and its scale, and I greatly thank all
the artists for doing it.

Also, I don't like it. I mean *really* don't like it. Never have. I
don't like the icons, I don't like the artwork, and if the dozen
sounds already in the knotify directory are any indication I'm not
going to like them either. But you don't hear me crying about it. I'm
perfectly willing to concede so much and yet any attempt to maintain
something preexisting for other users is immediately crushed.

Look at your own email: Your asking me whether or not the artists have
any say in this matter. The artists have the **DEFAULT INTERFACE FOR
KDE4.** I'm trying to keep 500k of oggs and you're telling I'm me I'm
trying to force them out. How am I to respond to that? This is not a
issue of lack of trust this is an issue of you beating me into the
ground and then wanting me to thank you for it.

This is a global community, and when you involve yourself in it you
should realize that occasionally you have to make consolations. You
are making NONE.