List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-10-01 11:11:16

On Sunday 01 October 2006 12:57, Guillaume Laurent wrote:

> Yes, but for non-basic apps which can be written in a scripting language,
> it's better if they are all written in the same one, so we can limit both
> memory usage and dependencies to a single binding.

In an ideal world, yes, perhaps. But we don't have that luxury: I much prefer
having the necessary applications written at all to not having them written
because the person who has time & inclination to do something cannot stomach
JavaScript.

There is a large class of applications for which it is silly to use anything
as time consuming as C++: that class includes all applications that can make
do with standard widgets, that don't have to do complex painting.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi