List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: FEATURE: Forcing DPI setting for fonts
From:       Germain Garand <germain () ebooksfrance ! org>
Date:       2006-08-29 5:20:26

Le Lundi 28 Août 2006 13:47, Lubos Lunak a écrit :
> On Sunday 27 August 2006 11:31, Germain Garand wrote:
> > Le Samedi 26 Août 2006 20:33, Lubos Lunak a écrit :
> > right... now if a user with an already tweaked Xft.dpi simply modifies
> > some other font options, isn't the patch going to remove that tweak by
> > default? is this intended?
>
>  The removal is there in order to make turning that option off again work.

> I can handle this by doing the removal only in kcmfonts (impossible to get
> the original default at that time I'm afraid), so the setting wouldn't be
> affected during KDE startup.

ah good.

[...]
>  In layman's terms, please :). Do you have a serious reason against
> inclusion of the patch or you just don't like it (which I don't either, but
> oh well)?

still one yes, "Normal Fonts/Huge Fonts" is completely wrong and misleading
(this is Microsoft vintage wording! it was already misleading 12 years ago,
so what now where 140dpi+ screens are common..). All it can do is nudge
people that do not understand the setting to frivolously play with it.

Germain

(I'm in the middle of moving, so will not be able to discuss further before a
few days)