List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: New module "kdecore"
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-19 9:05:35

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 02:18, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 April 2006 18:13, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 April 2006 01:05, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > > isn't this what kdebase/workspace is for?
> >
> > No, kdebase/workspace contains lots of stuff which isn't needed for apps
> > at all, like kicker, kdesktop, kwin, wallpapers, etc.
>
> k, then perhaps we should do as dirk suggested and move the stuff in your
> proposal out to a module named kdeworkspace or similar. IMHO kdecore is not
> a good module name due to the existance of kdelibs/kdecore.

Is kdelibs/kdecore meant to stay? Or will it dissolve in something like
kdecomponents or whatever was discussed at aKademy last year?

I came up with "kdecore" when thinking about module specific library modules
and having in mind the thread about "KDE Core Libraries" Thiago started.
"kdecore" would nicely go together with a "kdecorelibs" on the line of
"kdepim" and "kdepimlibs".