List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: user interaction in kimgio plugins
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-11 16:35:55

On Saturday 11 January 2003 16:36, Michael Ritzert wrote:
> I just went through the code in kpaint that is invoked when saving the
> image. Basically it all comes down to QPixmap::save. Unfortunately I can't
> find a single place where a QWidget* or sth. similar is passed that could
> be stored for a start. So I doubt it will be possible to find a BC
> "plug-and-play" solution.

It think you should aim for a BC, "change-the-application-to-use-it" solution
:-) E.g. if you were to make a KImageFileDialog, KPaint would have to be
changed to make use of that. The actual KImageFileDialog class could then
take care of the saving and since it would be closesly tied to KImageIO it
could do all kind of dirty tricks to pass information to the plugins.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com