List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: user interaction in kimgio plugins
From:       Michael Ritzert <kde () ritzert ! de>
Date:       2003-01-11 15:36:35

I just went through the code in kpaint that is invoked when saving the image.
Basically it all comes down to QPixmap::save. Unfortunately I can't find a
single place where a QWidget* or sth. similar is passed that could be stored
for a start. So I doubt it will be possible to find a BC "plug-and-play"
solution.
We could still play tricks with QImageIO::setPreferences. That would require
the application that wants to use the new functionality to not use
QPixmap::save, but implement the code from that function (4 lines if some
checks are left out) in-line. Then the QImageIO is available for
manipulation.

Michael