List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kreateCD -> kdenonbeta
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2002-03-30 15:43:12

From the screenshots on the cdbakeoven page, I can only confirm that it
> looks very much like the apps the people know from windows, but on the
> other side: with kcreatecd we would not only get a working app (perhaps not
> as close to the windows stuff like cdbakeoven) but much more important: we
> would be sure that there is a least one developer in the kcreatecd project
> (jowenn) who will be contactable (beside the other devs of kreatecd) and we
> won'T come again in the koncd situation where just nobody cares about the
> app.

Ok, everyone agrees that kcreatecd looks nifty and it got permanent
developers. But is it actually the _best_ alternative out there? Does it work
as good as it looks?
I don't think we should import anything before someone who has tested all
three of them and made a small, motivated conclusion. Judging an app only on
how it looks is not fair.

Sounds resonable?

cheers,
Frans