List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kreateCD -> kdenonbeta
From:       Christoph Cullmann <crossfire () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2002-03-30 15:38:46

On Saturday 30 March 2002 15:11, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> Am Samstag, 30. März 2002 13:35 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> > That can be done without importing as well.
> > Just subscribe yourself to the various MLs and listent to the different
> > applications-authors for yourself. Did you also consider that the author
> > should actually want to put it in CVS ?  In other words; what do they
> > say?
>
> To my knowledge the KOnCD developer never ever replied to anything during
> the various discussions (nor in private mail, as far as I'm concerned). So
> I guess we can count him out. Which I would anyway, looking at the app,
> esp. its GUI.
>
> KreateCD and CD Bake Oven authors both wanted their programs to get in
> (and both apparently ported to Qt3 already).
>
> > IMO cdbakeoven looks better then most others.  (But the name is terrible)
>
> I agree to both points. Maybe we could get the code of Bake Oven and the
> name of KreateCD? ;-)) Or rather get the projects to join somehow?
>
> If a choice can't be avoided I'd prefer Bake Oven by far. Can't judge on
> the code but its appearance is much more polished and user friendly. Also
> it was the only one of the 3 candidates that worked for me right from the
> start.
From the screenshots on the cdbakeoven page, I can only confirm that it looks
very much like the apps the people know from windows, but on the other side:
with kcreatecd we would not only get a working app (perhaps not as close to
the windows stuff like cdbakeoven) but much more important: we would be sure
that there is a least one developer in the kcreatecd project (jowenn) who
will be contactable (beside the other devs of kreatecd) and we won'T come
again in the koncd situation where just nobody cares about the app.

Therefor I would vote for the inclusion of kcreatecd in kdemultimdia.
CdBakeOven looks fine too, but I don'T know any of the devs of that project
and therefor can only give my opinion about the positive sides of kreatecd.

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph "Crossfire" Cullmann