List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.0 - the last steps
From:       Lars Knoll <lars () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2002-03-22 9:02:34

> On Don, 21 Mär 2002, Marc Mutz wrote:
> > What about the "dense text" problem? Anyone else seeing this after the
> > last qt-copy update?
>
> Yes, they finally fixed the linespacing! Great work!

It's sort of funny too see people complain about too dense linespacing now
after we reacted to the complaints of too large spacings before (which were
correct).

I agree that you might get rather dense linespacing with a few fonts, but
since definitions of ascent and descent for X11 fonts are not uniform we had
to do some sort of compromise in calculating the leading. Some fonts might be
a little to dense now, but otherwise some others would have been too large.
With X11 fonts (and the intrinsic brokenness some of them have), you can
probably never get all of them right.

Lars