List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kicker task lineup broken
From:       John Firebaugh <jfirebaugh () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-13 16:18:47

On Tuesday 12 March 2002 11:40, Matthias Elter wrote:
> John Firebaugh wrote:
> >On Tuesday 12 March 2002 10:46, Daniel Naber wrote:
> >>I just updated kdebase and now kicker lines up the tasks vertically (see
> >>screenshot). Result: I cannot acces most tasks anymore. I changed the
> >>preferences, but I had to delete kickerrc to get it working correctly
> >>again. Any idea what might have caused this?
> >
> >This has been reported by several people and I'm investigating. I can't
> >reproduce it myself. For at least one person, making clean in
> > kdelibs/kdeui and kicker and recompiling solved the problem. Please try
> > this and tell me if it works.
>
> I'm pretty sure it's related to BIC changes in KPanelApplet.
> Update kdelibs/kdeui and kicker.

Yes, I'm more certain of that now that I've got debugging output from several
people. They contained lines like

> kdecore (KLibLoader): library libtaskbarapplet.la not found under 'module'
> but under 'lib'

This indicates that kicker was picking up the old applet libraries. Anyone who
is seeing this problem, please make a clean installation. If you still have
the problem, send me the output of running kicker from the command line.

later,
John