On Tuesday 12 March 2002 11:40, Matthias Elter wrote: > John Firebaugh wrote: > >On Tuesday 12 March 2002 10:46, Daniel Naber wrote: > >>I just updated kdebase and now kicker lines up the tasks vertically (see > >>screenshot). Result: I cannot acces most tasks anymore. I changed the > >>preferences, but I had to delete kickerrc to get it working correctly > >>again. Any idea what might have caused this? > > > >This has been reported by several people and I'm investigating. I can't > >reproduce it myself. For at least one person, making clean in > > kdelibs/kdeui and kicker and recompiling solved the problem. Please try > > this and tell me if it works. > > I'm pretty sure it's related to BIC changes in KPanelApplet. > Update kdelibs/kdeui and kicker. Yes, I'm more certain of that now that I've got debugging output from several people. They contained lines like > kdecore (KLibLoader): library libtaskbarapplet.la not found under 'module' > but under 'lib' This indicates that kicker was picking up the old applet libraries. Anyone who is seeing this problem, please make a clean installation. If you still have the problem, send me the output of running kicker from the command line. later, John