List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: arts BC cleanups
From:       Matthias Welwarsky <matze () stud ! fbi ! fh-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2002-03-08 21:47:44

On Friday 08 March 2002 20:50, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>    Hi!
>
> I just went through aRts again and tried to cleanup the binary API to the
> degree it should be more or less final. These changes require rebuilding
> every aRts object/program, as they clean up internals of the type system.
>
> The changes are:
>
>  * prefixed some exported plain C functions with arts_ to avoid namespace
>    cluttering (important: its arts_fft_float now, not fft_float)
>  * removed MCOPInfo as part of the API, as kmcop isn't stable yet
>  * reserved space in Arts::Resampler for further enhancements
>  * changed some std::string parameters to const std::string&
>  * added virtual _typeName() function to mcopidl output for struct {...}
>  * moved common members in Object_skel/_stub to base class for simpler
>    implementation
>  * updated comments with the BC state of each class
>  * bumped version to 0.9.8
>
> I attached the patch. Its probably better to have these changes tested, so
> I'll commit them before RC2.

Hi Stefan,

Arts does not compile since these changes:

synthschedule.cc: In method `class Arts::ScheduleNode *
Arts::StdFlowSystem::addObject(Arts::Object_skel *)':
synthschedule.cc:792: cannot allocate an object of type
`Arts::StdScheduleNode'
synthschedule.cc:792:   since the following virtual functions are abstract:
../mcop/flowsystem.h:70:        void Arts::ScheduleNode::initStream(const
string &, void *, long int)
../mcop/flowsystem.h:76:        void Arts::ScheduleNode::virtualize(const
string &, Arts::ScheduleNode *, const string &)
../mcop/flowsystem.h:78:        void Arts::ScheduleNode::devirtualize(const
string &, Arts::ScheduleNode *, const string &)
../mcop/flowsystem.h:85:        void Arts::ScheduleNode::connect(const string
&, Arts::ScheduleNode *, const string &)
../mcop/flowsystem.h:87:        void Arts::ScheduleNode::disconnect(const
string &, Arts::ScheduleNode *, const string &)
../mcop/flowsystem.h:90:        void Arts::ScheduleNode::setFloatValue(const
string &, float)

>    Cu... Stefan

regards,
	Matze