List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] Zone allocator and kcompletion using it
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2002-03-07 10:37:35

On Thursday March 07, 2002 02:30, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> An idea would be to keep the KDE 3.1 release roughly inline with the
> gcc 3.1 / 3.2 release (which ever one that is "usuable") so why not wait
> for that?

gcc 3.1/3.2 has nothing to do with KDE's BC.

Even if every single KDE user used gcc, the whole *point* of keeping BC is
that users *don't* want to have to recompile everything all the time.  So
we *know* that they're not all going to use the latest version of their
compiler.

And if KDE is managed correctly, they don't *have* to recompile.

Keep it BC.  Break it every single hour until the final freeze if needed,
but keep it rock-solid BC evermore after.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.