List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: (fwd) Re: Q: chmod usage.
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-02-28 21:36:21

On Thursday 28 February 2002 11:01, Thomas Zander wrote:

> He explained privately; the /etc/lisarc is hard-coded; that is the problem.

I intentionally made the path hard-coded.
In former versions lisa tried to look for the config file in the kde config
dirs, this lead to many problems, since the user has to take care that lisa
is started (at boot time). With the former scheme there were options whether
lisa should look in the kde-1-config-dirs (i.e. $KDEDIR/share/config and
~/.kde/share/config I think)  or in kde-2-config-dirs (via kde-config) or in
unix-style config dirs (i.e. /etc/lisarc and ~/.lisarc). Since there were to
many points where things could go wrong I decided to support only /etc/lisarc
and ~/.lisarc.
And since lisa doesn't link any Qt/KDE lib, it can't use the KDE classes
therefor.

I still don't understand the problem.

Bye
Alex