List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: (fwd) Re: Q: chmod usage.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-02-28 10:01:27

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 11:50:15PM +0100, aleXXX wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 February 2002 01:11, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > grr
> > > On Mit, 27 Feb 2002, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > > Since that string is used a lot of times in the class I made it a QString
> > > to make it easier to maintain.
> > > is the following change correct?
> > > -      chmod("/etc/lisarc",S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR|S_IRGRP|S_IROTH);
> > > +
> > > chmod(QFile::encodeName(m_configFilename),S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR|S_IRGRP|S_IROTH
> > >);
> >
> > run time configurable ?
> >
> > shouldn't it be compile time #define ?
> >

> > Dirk
>
> Sorry, I don't understand, what's the problem ?
>
> Bye
> Alex

He explained privately; the /etc/lisarc is hard-coded; that is the problem.
My statement above made him believe I did a QString foo="bar" in a header
file somewhere; the issue is a bit more complex then that. (not too much tho)
Maybe you can look at it? The path hardcoded is in the line that creates the
dialog instance. So my patch limits the hardcoded path to just one class and
also to just one instance.
Its at: kdenetwork/lanbrowsing/kcmlisa/main.cpp:41