List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: QLineEdit
From:       ramagnus () t-online ! de (Rolf Magnus)
Date:       2002-02-19 15:04:06

On Tuesday 19 February 2002 14:45, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> Are other people having strange issues with QLineEdit?  When I select
> something, after a very short delay it is deselected.  At first I tried to
> look for what's causing this in QLineEdit::mouseDoubleClickEvent() because
> I hadn't noticed that this happens to me for all selections, but couldn't
> find anything there that seems to be related to this.  This is especially
> annoying in Konq, as I often want to select something and then delete it,
> but it's already deselected.

I know this, too. I often klick somewhere after the end of a text in the
lineedit, select everything with shift-Pos1 and then hit del to clear the
field. I noticed that lately, this often doesn't delete the text. Another
selection problem is that ctrl-k selects the text before deleting it, which
is annyoying if you want to replace the text with mmb paste. You paste the
text that you just removed instead of the selction you made.