List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kicker and resize handle
From:       Scott Wheeler <scott () slackorama ! net>
Date:       2002-02-09 22:23:24

On Saturday 09 February 2002 12:15 pm, Michael Brade wrote:
> On Saturday 09 February 2002 02:19, Ryan Cumming wrote:
> > Another idea would be to make Kicker resizeable -only- in "Custom" mode.
>
> I like this idea very much!
> And we can still add a locking mechanism later.

I think this would be very counterintuitive.  For people who don't yet know
what "Custom" mode is, the KDE users, how would they know what to in "Custom"
mode?  I can imagine setting the menu to custom mode and wondering, what now?
I think this is a little confusing right now.  If I were a normal user I'm
not sure that I would know what custom mode is.

I think if this is going to be done, more information will have to be added to
the menu than another option.  I think there would need to be a slider for
the size.

For all practical purposes, my patch is a locking mechanism.  You turn on the
resize handle, change the size of kicker and turn off the resize handle.

-Scott