List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kicker and resize handle
From:       Michael Brade <brade () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-09 22:36:19

On Saturday 09 February 2002 23:23, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> I think this would be very counterintuitive.  For people who don't yet know
> what "Custom" mode is, the KDE users, how would they know what to in
> "Custom" mode?  I can imagine setting the menu to custom mode and
> wondering, what now? I think this is a little confusing right now.  If I
> were a normal user I'm not sure that I would know what custom mode is.
Yes, that's what I thought, too. But what made me not mention it is the
current situation which is even worse: clicking on "Custom" has not only zero
effect, the menu also doesn't get selected. The user has to find out that
kicker is resizeable with the mouse by accident. And then he will eventually
realize that the "Custom" item got selected...

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops