On Saturday 09 February 2002 12:15 pm, Michael Brade wrote: > On Saturday 09 February 2002 02:19, Ryan Cumming wrote: > > Another idea would be to make Kicker resizeable -only- in "Custom" mo= de. > > I like this idea very much! > And we can still add a locking mechanism later. I think this would be very counterintuitive. For people who don't yet kn= ow=20 what "Custom" mode is, the KDE users, how would they know what to in "Cus= tom"=20 mode? I can imagine setting the menu to custom mode and wondering, what = now? =20 I think this is a little confusing right now. If I were a normal user I'= m=20 not sure that I would know what custom mode is. I think if this is going to be done, more information will have to be add= ed to=20 the menu than another option. I think there would need to be a slider fo= r=20 the size. =20 For all practical purposes, my patch is a locking mechanism. You turn on= the=20 resize handle, change the size of kicker and turn off the resize handle. = =20 -Scott