List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: style, color and font changes: now or after RC1/beta2?
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-30 1:15:23

On Die, 29 Jan 2002, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> If we can update that cache from KDE then we don't need to write qsettings at
> all and still get all Qt apps in line with KDE.

Yeah, this is what we did up to now. But not all of the Qt settings are
stored in that property (like widget style). it actually only stores font
size and palette information.

Plus every change in the xproperty data is going to be a nightmare. we had
lost of strange crashes and broken behaviour of QFont because Qt3 couldn't
cope with the X property set by a Qt2 app.

Dirk