List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt-only KDE applications
From:       ian geiser <geiseri () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-01-22 19:56:39

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> #if Matthias Ettrich
>
> > One suggestion was to go cross-platform with parts of KDE and to
> > promote KDE as cross-platform API as well.
> >
> > There's another solution, which I'd like to promote here.
>
> I'd prefer to make KDE work cross-platform. Sure, there is quite a bit
> of work involved, but it is feasible.
I have often wondered about this approach but due to the fact that the
kde2 cygwin guys have had so many problems i have never thought it
feasable.

What are the exact issues involved here?  dopening afaik is a little more
complicated on Win32 and MacOSX, and there are the obvious X dependancies.

I have to admit I am not very educated on what in deep in KDE libs that is
not portable to Win32 so someone else would have to speak on that behalf.

Cheers
	-ian reinhart geiser

Ian Reinhart Geiser   -=<*>=-  Linux & KDE Developer