List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Detailed menus: a solution for 3.1
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2002-01-22 7:59:36

Just had an idea on how we could solve the detailed menu entries with
descriptions for 3.1.

While a user uses the k-menu, the rest of the panel is pretty useless,
especially the application icons. We could use the panel area to display
more detailed information about an application, keeping the menus tidy and
yet providing a nice way to show extra information, in a place that is
always the same for the user.

See http://capsi.com/~cap/snapshot-kmenu.jpg for a crude attempt to make
this work.

I think it should be sufficient to just use the application buttons area, it
is big enough and keeps items that might have some use visible, such as the
taskbar.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."