List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    todo before KDE3?
From:       Holger Freyther <freyther () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-01-21 15:09:03

Hi all,
I had a quick look at kdelibs/kdecore, kdeui and kded and some issues I would
like to talk about.
One general item is on my list is what is if we've a *Private defined but
have private members not in the Private class? Should we move them to the
Private class?
This applies to kinstance.

knotifyclient: first off all the documentation isn't finished. we have get*
methods which aren't kde conform and what does int present mean? better use
an enum. When we're at it waldo do you wan't to implement notification in
KMessageBox or point me to a way how to do it?

krfcdate: we return t_time which is ok but couldn't return QDateTime?

kapplication: first of all frerich do you want to fix any stuff after kde2.0
:). Isn't it the right time to fix it? Then there's a lack of api
documentation int kdeInitExec( ) what is the int?
Why don't remove KStyle *style()?
Then I've my issue with invokeMailer. I don't argue having two but having
three where two would be really enough? Just delete invokeMailer(const
QString &addres, subject ) and make it like this:
void invokeMailer( const QString &to, const QString &subject, const QString
&cc = QString::null, and so on ). I need to admit I don't know how much code
this will break.

KAboutContributor isn't kde conform it uses names methods like get*. it seems
like it is only used internally but in a public header. Either we make it
name()... or move it to a private header

kcmodule I'm for deleting the the default arguments which makes users to
supply a QStringList which is needed to work with KGenericFactory

that's for it now. I'll look some deeper in it

regards Holger