List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Word-wrap in message boxes.
From:       Jason Katz-Brown <jason () katzbrown ! com>
Date:       2002-01-17 3:29:02

水曜日 16 1月 2002 13:27、Oswald Buddenhagen さんは書きました:
> just a note regarding the "full-contents-tooltips": you can't mark
> anything in a tooltip. why this could be a problem:
> imagine, you have some program, that internally requests ultra-long
> urls. now a messagebox appears "weird error processing
> http://this.is.long.no/cgi-bin/script.php?[...]haste+nich+gesehen".
> as you can't mark it, you'll have a real problem checking out by hand,
> what's wrong ...
> maybe, in that case just logging the error with the full url is the
> correct solution, but there may be other cases.
> so after all i think, it's not good to squeeze anything. breaking long
> "words" for displaying and hacking the selection code to not put the
> automatic linebreaks into the clipboard seems more sensible to me.
>
> greetings

Hm, perhaps one could just use a QTextEdit that is read only and has no frame?
Then it would scroll for long things, and word wrap at the size of the
textedit for normal text.

It wouldn't really look right though, but it seems easier than using labels.

Cheers,
Jason