List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Word-wrap in message boxes.
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2002-01-17 8:53:29

> I wholeheartedly agree. BUT: It's also not possible to c&p text from a
> KMessageBox...so we'd need that first to make the URL in a tooltip a real
> disadvantage :)
> Maybe use a readonly QTextEdit w/o frame instead of a QLabel? Or make all URLs
> clickable - dunno how though: "<qt><a
> href=\"http://www.kde.org\">http://w...org</a></qt>" currently underlines the
> link and makes it blue, but it's not clickable :)

For my own purpose, I created a class for "active" labels that can contain
clickable links. I'm using this in KDEPrint to redirect the user to some
more detailed place when some error occured. Look in
kdelibs/kdeprint/management/kactivelabel.[h|cpp]. It can start konqueror, or
simply emit a signal to customize the action to perform.

Bye.
Michael.