List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KPersonalizer (was Re: Support for animated icons (on mouseover))
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-17 4:59:23

On Wednesday 16 January 2002 08:36 pm, Carsten Wolff wrote:
> Hi,all.
>
> Am Donnerstag 17 Januar 2002 03:34 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
> > On Thu 17. January 2002 02:29, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > > Talking about KPersonalizer, it pretty much violates every UI standard
> > > about applying changes that we have. I find it very intrusive that
> > > clicking through it actually changes settings. i can't "trust" this
> > > application. That's bad because it will condition people not to rust
> > > any application because "clicking somewhere may break something".
> > > Please change it.
>
> Well, I get your point here, but on the other Hand, kpersonalizer is
> supposed to be a util for the my-first-time-with-KDE-user and this user
> might like to switch forth and back through the pages and try, whether or
> not he likes the changes. To do that, he must see 'em. Maybe a good
> compromise can be an "apply changes on this page now"- button on each page.

Normally you would put a "Apply" button there, but in this case maybe a
"Try it out!"-button would be appropriate.

That actually makes it easier to try things out, because you don't need to
switch between pages to check the effects of some options.

I guess it should also apply the changes from previous pages.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian@suse.com