List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Too technical terms in PO's
From:       <ralsina () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-05 16:50:46

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Rob Kaper wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 10:28:49PM +0000, ralsina@kde.org wrote:
> > Why not create a "en_TE" locale, for english technical?
> >
> > Alternatively, translate the things in the en (and every other) locale,
> > and leave the technical stuff in the C locale.
> >
> > I am pretty serious here ;-)
>
> Since most of the technical terms are in english anyway, I don't suppose
> this would require the need for nl_TE etcetera. Sounds a lot like my en_MS
> or en_dummy proposal, only the other way around.

Thinking a bit more, I think someone should just do a en_EN translation
that would be en_dummy only more polite ;-)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Abeja obrera en Xtech (www.xtech.com.ar)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis. (Carlton, De rerum comoedia)