List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: SQL client in KDE distribution?
From:       Henrik Johnson <hpj () globecom ! se>
Date:       2001-11-29 18:09:33

Melchior FRANZ wrote:

>* Chris Howells -- Thursday 29 November 2001 17:50:
>
>>>Is there any interest in this from you guys?
>>>
>>It's certainly not up to me, but it looks quite interesting. Just one thing I
>>couldn't see mention of -- what license is it release under?
>>

>And another thing: wasn't "tora" the Japanese code for the attack at Pearl Harbor?
>I guess that Americans wouldn't like a program with that name. What about
>"kora"? (After kate another female name. Not that bad, is it?) OTOH, who knows
>what bad things kora mean in some other languages ...

First of all the license is GPL so that shouldn't be a problem. Also, I
think the Japanese had an attack code word called "Tora, tora, tora"
when they attacked Pearl Harbour... so what? It's also a jewish book
(Although thats spelled Torah I think). Further more KOra is already
busy and TOra is not a new product, it has thousands of users and the
name doesn't seem to have been a problem. BTW, the name TOra comes from
"T"oolkit for "Ora"cle which was where this program started even though
it has partly moved on to other things.

/Mauritz
GlobeCom AB