List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    SQL client in KDE distribution?
From:       Henrik Johnson <hpj () globecom ! se>
Date:       2001-11-29 15:42:28

I'm wondering if there is interest in adding an SQL client to the KDE
distribution? I have an application called TOra
(http://www.globecom.se/tora) which is already in my not so humble
oppinion the premium opensource Oracle tool. I'm currently in the
process of adding support for the new QSql classes which would open up
TOra to most databases. This will not be ready for the 3.0 release, but
should be ready for prime time sometime this spring (Perhaps 3.1). I was
just thinking that since the KDE project has no really maintained sql
project (KSQL is more than a year from it's latest release) this could
perhaps be included in either the kdevelop or kde-sdk package? Let me
just make sure it is clear that it is fully functional stable program of
over 100K lines. The only drawback today is that it mostly only supports
Oracle, there is some MySQL support as well, but there isn't that much
you can do in MySQL compared to Oracle.

Is there any interest in this from you guys?

/Mauritz
GlobeCom AB