List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KPropsPage, KPropsDlg, KPropsDlgPlugin and friends
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-11-29 7:15:16

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 02:22:26AM +0100, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:

> I'm afraid I don't understand what you meant with this. To find out whether
> there is support available and only in that case show the property page?

Yes.  The two prop page plugins I'm thinking of (actually all of them:
mp3, quota, acl) only support a subset of the mimetype(s) they're
registered for.  Because of this, I'd like a function within the shlib to
determine whether or not it's appropiate to load the plugin for the
selected file(s).  I think this is a cleaner option that having a
disabled/empty page.

> You talked about id3/ogg tags, that's what I consider "metadata".

Ah, good deal.. 'nuff said.

- alex