List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KPropsPage, KPropsDlg, KPropsDlgPlugin and friends
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-11-29 1:22:26

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 07:48:03PM -0800, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> Right.  But about the whole supports mechanism, any objections, etc
> regarding this?  I'd *really* like to see this make it into 3.0.  Perhaps

I'm afraid I don't understand what you meant with this. To find out whether
there is support available and only in that case show the property page?

> I'm missing the boat here, but I don't see how this relates to metadata.
> I'm not talking about some setting that KDE's storing, rather some setting
> that the kernel is keeping track of.

You talked about id3/ogg tags, that's what I consider "metadata". What Rold and
me are doing is having an API for reading and writing any kind of metadata that
is "attached" to a file. Be it in the filesystem, the kernel, directly in the
file or anywhere else.

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer