List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Expanding environment variables in minicli
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-10-29 1:40:59

On Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2001 19:43 Dawit Alemayehu wrote:

> There is no need to do this. This is why we already have the KURIFilter
> class which provides plugins that allows you to filter user inputs which as
> you can see is used in minicli.  The kshorturifilter plugin already filters
> environment variables.  The reason it does not yet work like it does i.e.
> provide all the available environment variables is because konqueror uses a
> different completion object,  KURLCompletion than does minicli.  I will fix
> that soon in minicli so that it is in par with the file dialog and
> konqueror.

I think he complained about that it does not expand the variable when enterin
$KDEDIR/bin/konqueror for example. Not that $KDED isn't completed to $KDEDIR.

Regarding Konq vs. minicli completions, that's not as easy as it sounds, as
konq uses two completion objects itself, one handled by KonqHistoryManager.
I'd like to have some facility that handles chaining of KCompletion objects
so that you can complete over the data of different objects. It's handled in
a rather hackish way in konq atm, it would be better to handle this either in
a KMultiCompletion class or directly in KCompletion.

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer