List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Expanding environment variables in minicli
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-10-29 23:49:33

Martijn Klingens <mklingens@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Sunday 28 October 2001 15:37, Frerich Raabe wrote:
> > the attached patch expands environment variables, if possible,
> > automatically in strings entered via minicli. I for one find that pretty
> > convenient since I'm used to typing stuff like 'cd $KDEDIR/include' or
> > similar at the console.
>
> To what extent does this work with completion? If it is not there yet (it is
> not in KDE 2.2) it would be cool to have this in minicli's completion object
> as well. Konq's location bar already supports this type of completion, so you
> can probably get away with ripping the code from there.
>
> <off-topic>
> Hmmm... Why don't minicli and Konq share the same completion object btw? If I

While we are at it - I recently noticed IE saves "www.kde.org" as
"http://www.kde.org/", or (/me trying to speak less confusingly) in
other words: I does not matter how and when you entered the adress and
whether it was a full URL spec, it will show up in the autocompletion.

That'd be nice, too. ;-)

--
Ciao,  /  /
      /--/