List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Expanding environment variables in minicli
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-28 18:43:40

On Sunday 28 October 2001 09:37, Frerich Raabe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the attached patch expands environment variables, if possible,
> automatically in strings entered via minicli. I for one find that pretty
> convenient since I'm used to typing stuff like 'cd $KDEDIR/include' or
> similar at the console.
>
> I'm not quite sure whether the '== QChar::Letter_Uppercase' check is
> correct (no idea which characters in particular may appear in an
> environment variable's name), but it's obviously very easy to fix that.
>
> Perhaps this functionality is worth to be added to KRun itself, although
> somebody on IRC mentioned that it is too complicated (or too much overhead
> or something, cannot remember really).
>
> Anyway, would be cool if you'd give it a shot and me some feedback. :-)

Hi Frerich,

There is no need to do this. This is why we already have the KURIFilter class which \
provides plugins that allows you to filter user inputs which as you can see is used \
in minicli.  The kshorturifilter  plugin already filters environment variables.  The \
reason it does not yet work like it does i.e.  provide all the available environment \
variables is because konqueror uses a different completion  object,  KURLCompletion \
than does minicli.  I will fix that soon in minicli so that it is in par with the  \
file dialog and konqueror.

Regards,
Dawit A.