List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Where to put post-2.2 development
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-20 11:31:36

> Who'd want to use a piece of software that's dropped as soon as it's
> released?
>
> Seriously.  If this is the view of enough KDE developers, people should
> consider carefully before deploying KDE 2.2.1, as there is no future in it.

Semantics, my friends...

It's not being "dropped" as it's being stopped developed. The KDE team will
continue to support KDE 2.2 for a long time when it comes to security issues,
or if someone wants to develop something for KDE 2.2 - I'm sure he'll be
getting helped..

Nevertheless - developers want to continue developing things. If you hold
them too much in freeze then you'll loose them - and thats specially the
issue on open source projects.

Thanks,
--
Hetz Ben Hamo