List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: The status of freenode (the IRC network used by KDE)
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2021-06-07 10:02:35

On Thursday, 27 May 2021 10:58:00 CEST Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 May 2021 11:36:01 CEST Kenny Duffus wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 26 May 2021 09:56:08 BST Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> > > Is there any KDE-wide decision on that? Is there any work done on
> > > migration
> > > from freenode to libera?
> >
> > Only a coordinated change would be good for our community. This would
> > obviously be communicated to the community if everything that we need was
> > prepared  and ready to happen

It **seems** to me that bridging to Libera.Chat is now working normally: I
have joined #freebsd-desktop:Libera.Chat in Matrix, for instance, and that
gets me the IRC channel. Some other Libera.Chat channels work too. This
suggests it's "good enough"?

[ade]

OT: (puts on Calamares hat) For the Calamares project, we've ended up with a
bridge-bot hosted by one of the project participants, freenode <-> libera <->
matrix, so while messy the main conversation can be had in Matrix, natively.